- IMReportCard.com @imreportcard is giving away Shoemoney ($497 value) plus $100 CASH! Shoe's IMRC page: http://bit.ly/dPpmen #
Adventures in the daily life of a telecommuter.
The New Year always brings to mind thoughts of improving my constantly-in-the-works organization tactics. The more organized you can be, the easier working at home is. It’s not always easy to balance both working and living in the same space and keeping both sides organized is super helpful for obvious reasons.
If you’ve decided to telecommute and are a tad bit worried because you’re not very organized, you’re certainly… >>Continue reading 5 Truisms of Staying Organized Throughout The YearRead more
At least some of them do, thanks to Amit Gupta, Luke Crawford, and their friends. They’re credited with the creation of casual, co-working events known as Jellies!
Since its inception in 2006, Jelly groups have been forming around the world, with many people praising the added social components it affords without all the office politics. If you work at home you know that sometimes you can feel pretty darned isolated. And if you’re looking to work at home, but worried about missing the social aspect of working in an office, take heart. Jellies might just be your answer. >>Continue reading Musicians Jam - Telecommuters JellyRead more
- Commute 20 minutes per day? You're spending about 87 hours in the car this year. #
- So What If Telecommuting Did Encourage Travel? Travel Is Good : TreeHugger http://t.co/41asCaX via @TreeHugger #
- Ten things (OK, 9) I love about telecommuting – http://bit.ly/aG9XqG #cnn #
Are you sitting at work in your PJ’s today?
Evidently today is National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day . . . or at least it used to be. Best I can figure, the day of celebration began with PajamaGram’s 2004 initiative to promote PJ’s. The Vermont Teddy Bear’s PJ gift-giving website still houses a Press Release from 2005. And PajamaCity, the purveyor of the footed pajamas you wore as a kid, has an entire website devoted to the celebration of National Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day at NationalWearYourPajamasToWorkToday.com. They’ve left this undated Press Release up since, well, since they created the site in 2005 I suspect.
However the unofficial holiday got its start, it’s no mistake that the 16th of April was chosen. It is, after all, the day after your taxes are due here in the U.S. and April 16th is, as deemed by the Health Resource Network in 1992, National Stress Awareness Day. In fact, the entire month of April is designated as Stress Awareness Month. >>Continue reading National Wear Your Pajamas To Work DayRead more
- Found the perfect site for making me forget about the beautiful Spring day and buckle down to work http://www.rainymood.com/ #
- Connolly Telework Bill H.R. 1722 Clears Important House Hurdle http://bit.ly/aHBVwR #
- DIRECTV & Convergys to create virtual call center in SW VA that will employ 100 workers who will telework from home. http://bit.ly/cE4yqg #
- New work/life
In the entertainment industry, there is a good deal of both freelance and salaried work. For people getting started in their careers, there are some hidden costs and benefits to each. Todd L of FoundValue.com notes 8 things to consider in this guest post . . . >>Continue reading 8 Differences Between Working Freelance vs. Salary in the Entertainment IndustryRead more
- 5 Ways to Wreck Your Corporate Telework Program Object from @webworkerdaily #
- Mobilizing the Federal Workforce – FUN ACRONYM – W2M (workforce and workplace mobilization) – http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/12838 #
- Technology, training and the growth of telecommuting jobs mean more opportunities for the disabled. Nice OKCBiz story – http://bit.ly/9t1q0M #
- Finally exploring the National Broadband Plan (http://www.broadband.gov/plan/)
So, what is it really like to work from home? Maybe you’ve been considering this type of career option or you’ve recently begun telecommuting for a company and you’re wondering what it’s really going to be like. While most folks think working from home is easy, it’s really not quite as easy as it may seem. Just as with any career choice, there are challenges involved . . . and since those challenges seem to be rearing their ugly heads lately, I thought I’d give you a peek at the 6 most common challenges that I face every single day. >>Continue reading 6 Common Work at Home ChallengesRead more
A look back at Telecommuting Journal over the years . . .
I’ve been working at home since 1998 and blogging about it since January of 2006 (though I really should have started this blog earlier). When I did finally decide to write about it, I chose a domain name and installed WordPress as my blogging platform. Since then, it seems I suffer from restless WordPress theme syndrome (hereafter… >>Continue reading Restless WordPress Theme SyndromeRead more
We all only have so many hours in the day to do everything we want to do. Have you ever said, “Where did the day go, I didn’t get anything done?” Here are 8 tips on how to get more done in a day and maybe you can push that snooze button one more time. >>Continue reading 8 Timely Tips to Help You Stretch Your TimeRead more