Writers needed for long-term project (Telecommuting okay)
A personal PR firm is seeking skilled, detailed writers experienced in writing web copy. This is a remote contract position with flexible hours. We utilize our team of writers on an ongoing basis so this is not a one-time project. As a writer, you will create original content for professional biographies. Client base includes executives, professionals, and businesses. The ideal candidate will consistently write content with the following elements in mind: solid organization and good flow, clear language and word choice, professional tone, high quality of content, right length, correct spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
– You will write high quality biographies. The typical format of a biography is 250-350 words about a specific person
– Source data will be provided, so you will not be required to research each person/topic
– We will provide detailed style guidelines
– You will be paid a set rate of $20.00 per biography once the content has been approved by an editor
– Experience writing professionally is preferred, but we will also consider college students
– Native English speaker based in the United States
– Willingness to submit email address and be added to our common platform for communication purposes
1) We manage and pay our team on the oDesk platform. Please apply online at oDesk. If you do not have an oDesk contractor account, please create a new one at www.odesk.com.
2) Please ensure that you have completed the Education and Employment History sections on the Resume tab of your oDesk contractor profile
3) Take the U.S. English Basic Skills Test and English Spelling Test (US version) on oDesk
***Candidates who do not follow the application instructions will not be considered***
Location: Telecommuting okay
Compensation: $20 per piece (250-350 words)
Telecommuting is ok.
This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
As usual – anytime you’re responding to things on CraigsList, take a moment to review the CraigsList Scam warnings page.
This telecommuting job posting notes a lot of details and tells you that they use oDesk to manage their remote team! That’s a great sign that the job is legit. If you’ve already got an oDesk account, you’re good to go. If not, it’s easy to set yourself up! You can sign up to freelance on oDesk here.