Some of the pleasures of working from home include preparing lunch here instead of having to grab fast food on the run , being able to control my work atmosphere, and saving one to two hours out of the day (along with saving gas) which would usually be set aside for the daily commute. Lately I’ve been thinking that maybe those extra hours could be put into more than the daily chores (or online shopping). I’m actually considering furthering my education and relevant work experience.
Over the past several years, more and more accredited Universities have entered the online degree arena. As a matter of fact, a close friend of mine is finishing up her degree at a local school, but doing all of her assignments and attending half of her lectures online. I work online every day. I don’t know why I didn’t think of working on my masters online!
I have a Bachelors Degree and getting a Masters might be a really good idea at this point in my life. So I started doing a little research and it turns out there are some degrees which are offered by naitonally known Universities which can be finished in a year or so, making good use of what used to be my commuting time to and from work (back in my cubicle days).
Admittedly, there are various options when it comes to choosing a graduate level business degree program, but here are some of the top degrees I found that can be taken online and still tap into business management skills:
- University of Scranton’s Online MBA: If you’re just looking to move on to the next level and not specialize in a certain MBA field, a basic online MBA degree is great for the business professional looking for a good, all-around business education.
- Benedictine’s MBA in Marketing: Marketing is an essential part of any business plan and if you telecommute and work for a marketing company, adding this degree to your arsenal may help negotiate new wages and company positions.
- Gonzaga’s Masters in Leadership: Have you got your sights set on a leadership position? There is no reason why you cannot lead a team from the comfort of your home office, with today’s technology, a Masters in Leadership can excel your telecommuting experience.
- St Josephs’ Masters in Business Intelligence: With a degree like this, you’ll be able to understand advancing technologies and processes, as well as learn how to collect and interpret information that you need to succeed.
Of course, those are just a few of the many choices I’ve been reviewing lately. If you’re interested in doing your own research as well, be sure to check out these resources, too:
- Yahoo Directory on Distance Learning : Yahoo’s Directory of Distance Learning Programs offers a pretty extensive list of schools.
- Top Business Schools : BusinessWeek’s MBA Programs & Business School Rankings which includes top news stories, too.
- Online Masters Programs : This site lets you search for various masters offered by all types of online schools. If you are unsure what is available, start here.